Innovative locking system for one of our customer that proposes connectivity solutions in the nuclear industry.
The customer was looking for a new innovative locking system for a connectivity box which needed to respond to the following expectations:
- Easy mounting and disassembly during maintenance operations
- A watertight system to protect system equipment against leakage.
- Stainless steel required in order to have a life time guarantee against corrosion.
- A captive screw function within the assembly in order to avoid loss and potential damage to critical components.
After different test phases we came up with a custom-made locking solution which corresponds to the mechanical and functional expectations of the application.
We designed a specific screw:
- Which can be mounted manually in order to react quickly without dedicated setting material
- Which has an integrated compression limiter to be able to absorb directly the applied torque
- Which has a dedicated seal and gasket to fulfil the water tightness requirement.
- Which is captive and allows easy mounting and disassembly of the housing.